Saturday 5 January 2013

Today's Nails - Holographic Magic

The nail design I have chosen to show you today combines holographic nail varnish, leopard print, rhinestones, pearls and fimo canes.

Due to the detail, the accent fingers are fairly labour intensive, but worth it in my eyes!


The products I used for this look were the following:

Orly Bonder Base Coat
Layla Mercury Twilight Hologram Effect Nail Polish
China Glaze Pink Voltage
Black Nail Art Pen
Orly Polished Top Coat
OPI Drip Dry
Rhinestones (Large and Small)
Pearl Hearts
Three Fimo Canes -Heart, Bear and Flower


Thumb: In order to create the look featured on my thumb, I began with three coats of holographic nail varnish. I then used nail glue to apply three thin slices of Fimo canes at the bottom of my nail against the Cuticle. I then used a bobby pin to draw various pink ovals. Using a nail art pen, I then drew 'C' shapes around each oval to create the leopard print outline. I finished with three drops of OPI Drip Dry.

Middle Finger: In order to create the look featured on my middle finger, I began with two coats of holographic nail varnish. I then used my top coat to stick each rhinestone on. I used smaller rhinestones to outline the edge of my nail and larger rhinestones in the middle of the nail. I also positioned two pearl hearts to add some intricacy and detail. Again, I finished with three drops of OPI Drip Dry.

Here is the finished product:








I hope you all like this design :)

Until next time!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment