Monday 26 November 2012

'Read All About It' Newspaper Manicure

This 'Read All About It' Newspaper Manicure adds an element of quirkiness to your nails, combining nail varnish, newspaper and a few Swarovski Crystals. In order to complete this manicure, you do not need to have a very steady hand or even a great deal of time.

NOTE: I used a jade green nail varnish as the base for the newspaper, but you can use any light colour you desire.

The products I will be using for this tutorial are the following:

  • China Glaze's First and Last: I used this multi-tasking nail varnish as both my base and top coat
  • Revlon's Sparkling: An incredible glitter nail varnish, with both small and large glitters
  • Revlon's Jaded: A pale green/jade coloured nail varnish
  • Swarovski AB crystals: I seriously recommend buying these, they are simply beautiful
  • Small sections of newspaper
  • Alcohol - not to drink! I used Vodka
Ready?

Step 1: Paint your nails with a base coat. I tend to use China Glaze First and Last as it dries very quickly.

Step 2: Paint on two coats of a light coloured nail varnish. As I previously mentioned, I am using Revlon's Jaded. Then, on both of your ring fingers, follow with two coats of a silver glitter nail varnish. I am using Revlon's Sparkling.



Step 3: Prepare your newspaper for usage by cutting out small sections - wide enough to cover your own nail, and a bit extra. I chose to use sections of newspaper with bold fonts however you may wish to choose a variety of fonts and sizes.

Step 4: Dip your fingernail into a small amount of Alcohol, from the end of your nail to the cuticle.

Step 5: Take your small section of newspaper, and press it down firmly onto your nail. Wait for 30 seconds or so, to ensure that the maximum amount of ink transfers onto your nail.



Step 6: Peel the newspaper cutting off your nail, revealing the newspaper print.

Step 7: Add one crystal onto the bottom of your nail to add some intricacy. I used Swarovski AB crystals as they are gorgeous and shine a different colour when you view them at different angles.

Step 8: Finish with a top coat and then once that has dried, use a cotton bud soaked in nail varnish remover to clean up the excess nail varnish and ink from each fingernail.






 
Voila, one beautiful newspaper manicure to go.

Get painting!

x





No comments:

Post a Comment